Friday, January 4, 2013
My Mission
While most of you probably know that I am going to Peru to be a missionary, many of you don’t know exactly what it is that I am doing over there. I will be working with an unreached people within the city of Lima. There is a people group called the Nikkei, which are decedents of a Japanese population that immigrated to Peru in the late 19th century. While there are over 100,000 Nikkei in Lima, less than 100 are evangelical Christians. The Japanese have historically been closed to Christianity and have always been a difficult population to reach. So much, that if 1 or 2 Nikkei come to Christ a year, then that is a huge success. My job is going to be focused on building relationships within the Nikkei community and sharing the gospel with them. While it is going to be difficult, and the statistics are not in my favor, I truly believe God can create a movement among those people. With lots of prayer from friends and family all over the world and diligence on my part, we can see God do some great things among the Nikkei. If there is anything that you guys can pray for, please pray that I will be able to befriend the Nikkei and build many relationships among those people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment